Thin Film Solar Materials
Inorganic Chemicals Product Catalog
Order Material Now!
The fastest growing segment of the photovoltaic industry relies heavily on high purity, highly engineered materials to keep advancing the technology and lowering the cost per watt. Even small changes in module conversion efficiencies or manufacturing costs can have big impacts on profitability. Materion understands the challenges of PV module manufacturers and provides thin film photovoltaic materials designed to improve performance and enable profitable growth.
We combine over 20 years experience in the solar materials market with our special expertise in large area coating technology to offer our customers unmatched knowledge and value in thin film solar materials:
• Fully characterized, ultra-high purity materials produce uniform coatings at high throughput rates
• Highly engineered material solutions improve module efficiency
• Sound product stewardship practices safeguard our employees and our environment
• Scalable solutions ensure consistent materials from prototype to production
Our scientists and engineers can help develop the right materials solutions for your thin film PV manufacturing processes.
Thin film solar materials include:
|Back contact metals and alloys
||Binaries and ternaries
||Full Alloy CuGa
|Full alloy CuInGaSe
||Transparent conductive oxides
One Partnership for Materials and Services
• New materials development provides solutions to performance or processing challenges. If existing material compositions cannot provide the necessary characteristics, we can develop new ones that do.
• Scalable manufacturing solutions supply small research laboratories, worldwide mass production facilities, and every size operation in between. Only Materion has the capacity to provide key materials in any quantity, anywhere in the world
• World-wide technical support is available where you need it, when you need it. Materion’s technical experts are always available to provide prompt, professional advice on material selection, usage, handling and storage.
Smarter Solutions, Simpler Support and Stronger Relationships