PF-60 Beryllium Foil
Materion Electrofusion offers flexibility in beryllium options to meet the particular specifications of customers’ applications. The following information defines the requirements for beryllium foil and x-ray windows produced by Materion Electrofusion using hot pressed beryllium block designated as PF-60 with these techniques:
- Hot rolling
PF-60 grade beryllium foil and sheet is made from high purity input material. Beryllium specified as PF-60 will contain a minimum beryllium content of 99.0%, and conform to maximum chemical limits of other compounds.
Flexible options are available for foil manufactured to PF-60 specification to meet your application requirements:
- Available as flat stock in standard thickness, ranging from 0.0003in (7.6 µm) to 0.125in (3175 µm).
- Supplied machined to shapes such as rectangles, discs and other configurations.
- Foil is supplied either vacuum tight, optically dense or as-rolled in the following thickness ranges :Vacuum tight: 0.0005 in (12.7µm) to 0.125in (3175µm)
- Optically dense: 0.0003in (7.6µm) to 0.125 in (3175µm)
- As-rolled: 0.0003 in (7.6µm) to 0.125in (3175µm)
PF-60 Material Quality
- Foil Integrity: Foil is available in three classifications of integrity:
- Vacuum Tight: no detectable leakage through the foil when tested with a helium mass spectrometer leak detector, sensitivity of 1 x 10-9 atm-cc/sec.
- Optically Dense: not be penetrated by light when tested by illuminating one side of the foil over a restricted area with a high intensity light source, and viewing from the opposite side in a darkened room.
- As-Rolled: supplied in as-produced condition, not inspected or guaranteed to be vacuum tight or optically dense.
Custom tolerances on disc and straight-cut foils are available on request. Please consult Materion Electrofusion for price and availability.
Special tolerances on disc and straight-cut foils are available on request. Please consult Materion Electrofusion for price and availability
Materials will be appropriately identified, packaged and labeled to comply with applicable government regulations and/or standard procedures of Materion Electrofusion .
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Handling beryllium in solid form poses no special health risk. Like many industrial materials, beryllium-containing materials may pose a health risk if recommended safe handling practices are not followed.
Inhalation of airborne beryllium may cause a serious lung disorder in susceptible individuals. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) have set mandatory limits on occupational respiratory exposures.
Read and follow the guidance in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) before working with this material. For additional information on safe handling practices or technical data on beryllium, contact Materion Electrofusion.
Contact Materion Electrofusion
To learn more about PF-60 Beryllium Specifications, contact Materion Electrofusion.