PS-200 Beryllium Foil
Materion Electrofusion solves material and application challenges through flexible and responsive solutions. At Materion Electrofusion, we offer our customers a variety of Beryllium, X-ray products including PS-200. PS-200 is available as beryllium foil and is formed using:
- Hot rolling
Beryllium foil specified as PS-200 contains a minimum beryllium content of 98.5%, and conforms to maximum chemical limits of other compounds. The detailed analytical procedures used to determine these maximum chemical limits are available from Materion Electrofusion.
- PS-200 Beryllium foil is available as:
- Flat stock in the thickness range 0.010in (0.254 mm) to and including 0.250in (6.35 mm).
- Machined to shapes such as rectangles, circular discs and other configurations; sheet is supplied vacuum tight as a standard product.
- PS-200 is available in three integrity grades, in the following thickness ranges:
- Vacuum Tight: 0.005 – 0.250 in (127 – 6350 μm)
- Optically-Dense: 0.005 – 0.250 in (127 – 6350 μm)
- As-Rolled: 0.005 – 0.250 in (127 – 6350 μm)
Special tolerances on disc and straight-cut foils are available on request. Please consult Materion Electrofusion for price and availability
Materials will be appropriately identified, packaged and labeled to comply with applicable government regulations and/or standard procedures of Materion Electrofusion.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Handling beryllium in solid form poses no special health risk. Like many industrial materials, beryllium-containing materials may pose a health risk if recommended safe handling practices are not followed.
Inhalation of airborne beryllium may cause a serious lung disorder in susceptible individuals. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) have set mandatory limits on occupational respiratory exposures.
Read and follow the guidance in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) before working with this material. For additional information on safe handling practices or technical data on beryllium, contact Materion Electrofusion.
Contact Materion Electrofusion
To learn more about PS-200 Beryllium Specifications, contact Materion Electrofusion.