Copper Beryllium Casting Alloys
The properties of Materion Brush Performance Alloy’s BrushCAST copper beryllium casting alloys provide many advantages in demanding commercial, industrial and aerospace end-use applications, including safety tools, golf clubs, military cast parts, plastic and glass molds and undersea cable housings.
Copper beryllium alloy advantages
In addition to high strength and high conductivity, beryllium casting alloys offer component design engineers a broad range of innovative material solutions that meet the quality, reliability and advanced technology requirements of today's global marketplace.
Copper beryllium alloys have a peak strength and hardness greater than many steels, but with a thermal conductivity similar or greater to that of aluminum. The alloys have other useful characteristics:
- Good electrical conductivity
- Resistant to wear and galling
- Allow for excellent replication of cast detail
Physical and material properties of beryllium casting alloys
The unique combination of physical and mechanical properties of copper beryllium casting alloys provide a dynamic range of metallurgical alternatives ready to meet your high performance requirements.
The inherent strength, hardness, conductivity and castability of these materials make them ideal for applications which require a high performance engineered material solution. Our unique capabilities in component casting technology and proprietary material production make BrushCAST alloys a best cost design solution.
Common Beryllium Casting Alloys Uses:
- Base for proprietary casting alloys
- Additives for aluminum and magnesium alloy products
Forms and types of copper beryllium casting alloys
BrushCAST copper beryllium casting alloys are available in several forms, depending upon alloy selection:
- Casting ingot
- Master alloy in ingot form
- Master alloy in shot form
Copper Beryllium Casting Alloys Types:
- High strength casting alloys – high strength, age hardenable
- High conductivity casting alloys – 30% higher high conductivity, age hardenable alloy
- Fine grain casting alloys – fine grained, high strength, age hardenable alloy, preferred for use in plastic molds
Leading companies worldwide turn to Materion Brush Performance Alloys copper beryllium alloys to help them gain a competitive edge, and improve profitability. They can help you create sustainable market advantages, too.
Contact Materion Brush Performance Alloys
For more information about beryllium casting alloys, contact Materion Brush Performance Alloys today.