MoldMAX LH (Low Hard) by Materion Brush Performance Alloys is a premium copper mold alloy that provides hardness and strength comparable with standard AISI P-20 tool steel and thermal conductivity five-times higher.
Advantages /Benefits of MoldMAX LH
Due to the unique combination of thermal conductivity and strength available in these copper mold alloys, you gain advantages like:
- Shorter cycle time
- Improved plastic part dimensional control
- Better parting line maintenance
- Excellent corrosion resistance
moldmax Lh common uses and applications
MoldMAX HH is commonly used for injection mold cores and cavities, as well as pinch-offs for blow molds.
Chemical composition of MoldMAX LH
- Beryllium – 1.8-2.0
- Cobalt + Nickel – 0.2-0.6
- Copper - balance
Physical properties of MoldMAX LH
- Elastic modulus - 19.0x106 psi (131 GPa)
- Density - .302 lb/in3 (8.36 g/cm3)
- Poisson's Ratio - 0.3
- Thermal conductivity at 212°F (100°C) - 90 BTU/hr ft °F (155 W/m K)
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion - 9.7 ppm/°F (17.5 ppm/°C)
- Specific Heat (Heat Capacity) at 70°F (20°C) - 0.086 BTU/lb °F (360 J/kg K)
- Specific Heat (Heat Capacity) at 212°F (100°C) - 0.097 BTU/lb °F (406 J/kg K)
- Melting Range - 1600 to 1800°F (870 to 980°C)
Nominal Mechanical properties of MoldMAX LH
- 0.2% Offset Yield Strength - 110 ksi (760 MPa)
- Ultimate Tensile Strength - 140 ksi (965 MPa)
- Tensile Elongation in 2 inches (50.8 mm) - 15%
- Hardness - 30 HRC
- 107 Cycle Rotating Beam (R=-1 / Fully Reversed) Fatigue Strength - 45 ksi (310 MPa)
- Charpy V-Notch (CVN) impact STrength - 15 ft lbs (20 J)
MoldMAX LH Available Forms, Sizes and Tolerances
MoldMAX HH is available in rounds, square and rectangular bars, plate and forged rings.
Applicable Specifications and Standards
MoldMAX HH is certified to hardness and conductivity only.
Contact Materion Brush Performance Alloys
For more information MoldMAX LH about Plastic Tooling Alloys, contact Materion Brush Performance Alloys today.