Electronic Materials by Materion Brush Beryllium & Composites are a metal matrix composite of beryllium and beryllium oxide. E-Materials are prepared by impact grinding to powder. They are then canned, degassed, and HiP'd into a standard stock block (15 x 20 x21).
The stock block is sliced into cards, which are then cut to specified sizes, lapped and machined into the final sizes. The parts can then be plated in accordance with final termination specification.
Chemical properties of Electronic Materials- E-60
- Beryllium Oxide (weight%)-¬ 69.4 min/ 73.2 max
- Beryllium Oxide (nom. vol%)- 60
- Beryllium % - balance
Mechanical properties of Electronic Materials- E-60
- Young’s Modulus – 46,000 ksi/317 MPa
- Ultimate Tensile Strength – 50 ksi/273 MPa
- Elongation – 0.05%
Physical properties of Electronic Materials- E-60
- Room temperature values:
- Density - 2.55 g/cc, 48 Msi Elastic Modulus 0.0908 lb/in3
- Electrical Conductivity (ASTM B193) - 23-25% IACS
- Thermal Conductivity - 230 W / m oC
- Specific Heat @ J/Kg* K (BTU/lb* F) - 1.26/ (0.310)
- Melting Point oC(oF) - 2350 oF
- Poisson' s Ratio - 0.17
Contact Materion Brush Beryllium & Composites
Learn how Electronic Materials compare to other products, or contact Materion Brush Beryllium & Composites for more information about Electronic-Materials today.