Scratch-free surfaces are especially critical for plated flanges to ensure the best die attach. Materion’s proprietary plating process produces flange surfaces that are free of pits, scratches and other defects, thus solving one of your major quality challenges. Our superior quality flanges are plated with Ni:Co + Au for high-performance use in RF transistors, FETs and MMICs.
Our advanced material custom plated flanges accommodate multiple applications to meet your microelectronics device requirements.
• The flange material can be pure Cu, Mo or W, or the composites CuW, CuMo, Cu-CuMo-Cu lamination (CPC), or Cu-Mo-Cu lamination (CMC)
• Our flanges are plated with electrolytic nickel, copper and gold for reliability
• Our flanges are compatible with AuSi eutectic die attach
Our engineers partner with you to identify the optimal ceramic package plated flange to enable a variety of RF applications:
• Substrates for gold-plated BeO pill packages
• Substrates for discrete ringframes that are epoxied onto the flange
• Substrates for circuit boards with cut-outs
Our production of high performance cost-effective packaging materials, such as our plated flanges, make us our customers’ First Choice as a total solutions provider.
Smarter Solutions, Simpler Support and Stronger Relationships
Back to Top Contact Us