Thermal Management & Custom Clad
For superior thermal management, Materion manufactures metal shims and heatspreaders. These parts can be pure metals, alloys or clad, and can be stamped into a wide variety of sizes and shapes, plated with Ni and/or Ni and Au. As such, they are excellent "heat spreaders" within a package, and enable high performance and durability whatever your microelectronics application.
The Materion Advantage
Our leading-edge technology and manufacturing capabilities provide smarter solutions for thermal management within your electronic packages. Our unique shims are:
• Offered in a range of shapes including squares, rectangles, discs and custom specialty shapes to meet your needs
• Available in a variety of dimensions, down to a thickness of 0.005”, and areas as small as 0.015 in2
• Stamped in your choice of metals that include Molybdenum, Copper, Aluminum, Nickel, Ni-clad Mo
• Plated with Ni, or Ni + Au
• are die attach performs used as die mounts that act as thermal conductors and buffers to compensate for the thermal expansion mismatch between the die and substrate
• These tabs can be easily removed for re-use, and can be clad and plated according to your specifications
• are die attached preforms with two layers of clad material product, typically using copper, Kovar, or Alloy 42 as the base material, aluminum as the top layer, and gold-silicon, gold-germanium or gold-tin solder as typical bottom clad layer
• The pads mitigate several problems by providing aluminum surfaces for wire bonding which eliminates your issue with "purple plague" and "down-bonding"
Smarter Solutions, Simpler Support and Stronger Relationships
Back to Top Have a Question?