DELIVERING KEY DRIVERS FOR AUTOMOTIVE AND RACING MARKETS
With more than 85 years' of applied materials engineering experience, and more than 40 years' experience supplying advanced materials for the automotive industry, our team of engineers can help you identify the high performance materials and process enhancements that will ensure you get the properties required by your specific automotive application.
Materion products and components deliver on the key requirements of safety, fuel efficiency, performance and connectivity for the automotive and racing markets. We provide innovative materials and solutions to meet the unique needs of critical automotive applications, including:
- Display: Safe, reliable precision display solutions for automobiles.
- Electrical: Durable, highly reliable alloys and materials process technologies to get the specific combination of properties needed for high reliability connectors.
- Electronics: Cutting edge materials for high-technology automotive applications focused on safety, fuel efficiency, performance and connectivity.
- Hybrid Batteries: Innovative hybrid and electric vehicle battery materials to address the difficult battery design challenges.
- Optical Sensors: Advanced materials for a wide range of sensors that provide data on performance, safety and comfort into vehicle designs.
- Powertrain: High performance alloys and composites to reduce CO2 and improve fuel efficiency without sacrificing vehicle performance or reliability.
- Structural and Support: Materials to help improve vehicle efficiency by reducing body weight of structural components and Body in White (BIW) frames by as much as 25 percent.
RELIABLE SOLUTIONS FOR CRITICAL APPLICATIONS
One of the biggest challenges facing automotive designers and engineers today is balancing mandatory emissions and fuel reduction targets with high consumer expectations for highway vehicle performance, safety, reliability and durability.
Whether you are focused on downsizing current internal combustion engine designs to improve powertrain efficiency and cut CO2 emissions, or ensure that under-the-hood connectors offer maximum strength and conductivity, or that rider safety is not compromised by a lighter frame, our materials and process technologies will enable you to break through the design limitations you have encountered with conventional materials.
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY TO MEET THE EVOLVING NEEDS OF THE INDUSTRY
Materion continues to innovate to meet the changing needs of the automotive and racing industry. From consumers’ demand for more electronic convenience and enhanced interface with their vehicles to the continuing development of hybrid and electric vehicles and the need for greater automobile efficiency and performance – we are on the leading edge of this rapidly evolving market, delivering high performance materials to address the challenges faced by our customers in the automotive industry.
We provided MXology, a maker of high-performance engine components for the off-road motorcycle industry, with our advanced alloys and composites so they could create parts to test. MXology designed and introduced components made from several of our materials into a motocross engine that was used on the track in real races. The results help validate that our materials can enable better results in racing, or more broadly in passenger vehicles. You can read the MXology report on the testing program to learn more about the gains found in performance and reliability.
TALK WITH AN ENGINEER
Contact our team to today discuss how Materion can customize an automotive and racing solution to meet your needs. For information on our material production standards and quality systems certifications, view our certifications.