HIGH TRANSMISSIVITY X-RAY FOILS FOR MEDICAL & COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS
Materion offers high-quality beryllium X-ray foil for a range of medical X-ray and detector equipment as well as commercial imaging applications. Beryllium X-ray foil offers high transmissivity to X-rays and high strength even in foil gauges. Beryllium foil offers low specific heat at cryogenic temperatures, a low neutron capture cross section and low electrical resistivity.
CASE STUDY: IMPROVING MEDICAL IMAGING WITH BERYLLIUM
Varex Imaging Corporation, a world leader in medical X-rays and image processing solutions, streamlined their production of advanced X-ray systems working with Materion to supply them with high X-ray transmission beryllium window assemblies.
X-RAY FOIL WITH LOW TO NO ARTIFACTS
Artifacts and impurities in X-ray window assemblies and foils can lead to degraded image quality and less accurate scans. We offer several grades of beryllium with extremely low levels of artifacts, ensuring clearer images. Each grade can be cut to shape including rectangles, discs and custom configurations upon request.
View the data sheets below for details about foil thickness and chemistry of our X-ray products:
- 98.5% minimum Be assay, standard purity, PS-200® foil
- 99.0% minimum Be assay, high purity, PF-60® foil
- 99.0% minimum Be assay & artifact-free, mammography grade foil, IS-50M® foil
- 99.8% minimum Be assay, (Increased Capacity & Thicker Gauges) ultra high purity, IF-1® foil
FOIL INTEGRITY CLASSIFICATIONS
Our beryllium X-ray foil is available in three integrity grades classified as vacuum-tight, optically-dense, and as-rolled. We define those standards as follows:
- Vacuum Tight - no detectable leakage through the foil when tested with a helium mass spectrometer leak detector, with sensitivity of 1 x 10-9 atm-cc/sec.
- Optically Dense - foil is not penetrated by light when tested by illuminating one side of the foil over a restricted area with a high intensity light source, and viewing from the opposite side in a darkened room.
- As-rolled - supplied in as-produced condition, not inspected or guaranteed to be vacuum tight or optically dense.
Talk with our X-ray experts for details on our highly transmissive beryllium foil products.