CUSTOM CLAD METAL OFFERS MATERIAL PROPERTIES FOR UNIQUE APPLICATIONS
Components used in sophisticated electronic and electrical applications require a range of diverse properties that cannot be met by just one material. Materion’s clad metal process, electron beam welding, electroplating and related technologies offer design engineers flexibility by combining metals to achieve unique property sets that meet specific application requirements.
The process of metal cladding joins dissimilar metals by applying high pressure without brazing alloys or adhesives. This method of metal joining allows us to custom engineered for specific applications. Because of our experience with virtually every base metal and cladding material combination, we can help our customers optimize surface and core metal characteristics as needed.
CLAD METAL SOLUTIONS
While our solutions can be customized for unique applications, here are just a few of our most popular clad materials:
- eStainless® clad – A thermal management material for consumer electronics
- Dovetail Clad® metals – A high-volume copper-to-aluminum assembly for automotive and energy applications such as copper bus bars for EV automotive
- iON EV™ Clad High Power Charging Connectors – A new clad material that offers wear resistance in DC chargers for electric vehicles.
- iON Connectors – Offer performance and stability in harsh environments like automotive, aerospace and mining
- Wirebond Leadframes – Provides high process yields and robust life testing for safety control systems in automotive applications
- Profiled Strip – A preshaped strip alloy that eliminates coining or forging operations in medical and consumer electronics applications
- High Strength Aluminum – A copper alternative that enables all-aluminum wiring system for automotive
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT COLLABORATION AND PROTOTYPES
We design materials, fabricate prototypes and get samples to you quickly with a primary focus on quality and performance.
Contact a clad metal expert at Materion to discuss your unique design challenges.