CUSTOM CLAD METAL OFFERS PERFORMANCE AND FLEXIBILITY
Rarely does a single alloy offer the range of diverse properties required by sophisticated electronic and electrical applications. Materion's clad metal process, electron beam welding, electroplating and related technologies offer designers the flexibility to meet today’s performance challenges.
Metal cladding, the process of joining dissimilar metals by applying high pressure without brazing alloys or adhesives, creates a material custom-engineered to the application. Because of our experience with virtually every base metal and cladding combination, we are able to help our customers optimize surface and core metal characteristics for their specific application.
CLAD METAL SOLUTIONS
At Materion, we don’t have a catalog of off-the-shelf products; instead we create innovative, custom clad metal solutions for global market leaders. These clad metal solutions include:
- eStainless® clad – Thermal management material | Consumer Electronics
- Dovetail Clad® metals – High volume copper-to-aluminum assembly | Automotive | Energy
- iON Connectors – Performance and stability in harsh environments | Automotive | Aerospace | Mining
- Wirebond Leadframes – High process yields and robust life testing for Safety Control Systems | Automotive
- Profiled Strip – Preshaped strip alloy eliminates coining or forging operations | Medical | Consumer Electronics
- High Strength Aluminum – Copper alternative enables all-aluminum wiring systems | Automotive
Browse Custom Engineered Clad Metal Strip for more solution stories.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT COLLABORATION AND PROTOTYPES
We design materials, fabricate prototypes, and get samples into your hands quickly with our primary focus always being quality and performance.
LEARN ABOUT CLADDING IN OUR WEBINAR
Watch our presentation on copper-to-aluminum joining for lithium-ion battery connections in this Charged EV webinar.
Contact a clad metal expert at Materion to discuss your unique design challenges.