CUSTOM PROFILED STRIP METAL SIMPLIFIES THE FABRICATION OF COMPLEX COMPONENTS
Materion's advanced profiling technology enables commercial production of pre-shaped metals in wide continuous coils, which eliminates the costly coining and forging operations associated with complex component fabrication. Our process can be used for most commercially sold strip alloys and our profiled strip widths are available in sizes up to 100mm—much wider than formed wire processes. We can help you streamline the production of custom profiled strip metals in demanding applications ranging from surgical instruments to connectors and handheld consumer electronic devices.
Profiled strip offers a number of benefits, including:
- Ability to stamp otherwise impossible shapes and configurations with simple tooling
- Reduced internal stresses
- Precise tolerances
Contact the Materion team for overall width and gauge capabilities.
Materion's profiled alloy strip is manufactured to your specific requirements and can be combined with many of our leading technologies, including:
- Electroplating to achieve precise edge definition and location tolerance
- Electron Beam Welding for joining dissimilar alloys
- Localized Zone Annealing for improved forming performance
- Inlay or Overlay Cladding for optimizing properties to solve unique performance challenges
PROFILED STRIP: UNLIMITED PROFILE CONFIGURATIONS
While the configuration possibilities are limitless, below is a sampling of our profiling options, which are available in all commercially sold strip alloys.
Talk with Materion’s product design team, to discuss a custom solution for your specific application.