METAL STRIP RESISTORS FOR PRECISION CIRCUITRY
From tiny surface mount resistors used in handheld electronics to heavy gauge shunts for lithium ion battery management, Materion can design custom resistor materials for a range of applications. Our metal strip resistor materials enable production of components for a broad range of dimensions and ohmic values. They can be provided as coils of easily stamped and formed composite strip and promote efficient manufacturing of highly stable and reliable components.
Materion’s welded and clad resistor materials are engineered for your application and can combine many of our hybrid material technologies, including:
- Electron Beam Welding
- Inlay or Overlay Cladding
- Profiling – milling, grinding or skiving
- Nickel and Tin Electroplating
- Solder layers
RESISTOR MATERIAL PROCESSED ACCORDING TO YOUR APPLICATION
We offer several process options for resistor materials, including:
- Electron Beam Welding: We have been a leader in electron beam welding of metal strip since 1974. This high throughput vacuum process securely joins materials side-by-side with narrow fusion zones, which have minimal impact on electrical properties. Welded resistor products are available in gauges as small as 0.05mm and as thick as 4mm.
- Cladding and Profiling: This is a common choice for resistor material manufacturing and allows smaller geometries than are available with electron beam welding to minimize footprints and achieve low resistive values. Multiple grooves can be provided in a single wide coil to improve throughput and reduce costs.
- EquaCast® Process: We process any commercially available resistor alloys, but also offer Materion R270: a copper-manganese-nickel alloy cast with our EquaCast® process to provide unparalleled composition control and uniformity for ultimate performance.
Contact our engineers for details on capabilities and tolerances and how metal strip resistor materials can improve your application.