HIGH CONDUCTIVITY ALLOYS FOR ELECTRONIC SPRINGS & CONNECTORS
When conductivity is the most important requirement for your electronic spring or connector application, choose from a range of highly engineered alloys designed to maximize reliability and service life.
The following high-conductivity alloys are optimized for power transmission applications.
- Brush® 60 alloy – Strip with the best formability and strength combination. Outstanding resistance to stress relaxation.
- Alloy 174 – Strip, rod and wire alloy with high yield and fatigue strength and good resistance to stress relaxation. Works well at higher temperatures.
- Alloy 3 – Rod and wire with a good combination of strength and resistance to stress relaxation.
- Brush 1915® material – Cold headable rod that performs well at elevated temperatures and resists corrosion. High tensile and yield strength with good resistance to stress relaxation.
- Brush® 1916 material – Screw machinable rod with good performance at elevated temperatures. High tensile and yield strength with good corrosion resistance.
- Alloy 390® material – Strip with high fatigue strength and stress relaxation resistance at elevated temperatures. The highest strength in this class of materials.
- Alloy 390E – Strip with high strength and good formability.
VIEW A BRIEF VIDEO ABOUT STRESS RELAXATION
The demands for materials that can meet higher performance requirements for burn-in and test socket (BiTS) applications continues to grow. Watch this brief video to learn more about stress relaxation. For additional information, see our High Temperature Electrical Connectors Application Sheet, highlighting Materion Performance Alloys' copper alloy attributes as they relate to BiTS.
CUSTOMIZED HIGH CONDUCTIVITY ALLOY SOLUTIONS
Our connector materials, including copper beryllium alloys, are a more reliability way for vehicles to be connected. They offer designers flexibility for miniaturization, greater power, better reliability and can lead to overall cost savings. Learn more...
We can help you select the best alloy for your application or provide unique alloy solutions metallurgically tailored to meet specific high conductivity requirements. Talk with a Materion engineer for more information.