CA-PACK™ PACKAGE – UNIQUE PRE-ASSEMBLED AIR CAVITY PACKAGE
Materion offers a new alternative to conventional ceramic air cavity packages for Si LDMOS and GaN RF power transistors. Our singular pre-assembled packages are convenient and cost effective. The CA-Pack packages saves customer both time and resources for microelectronic packaging.
PROVEN PERFORMANCE FOR WIRELESS APPLICATIONS
As a leader in the production of microelectronic packaging, Materion originated the innovative CA-Pack microelectronic packages to better accommodate our customer’s needs for easy-to-use quality ceramic air cavity packages. It features frame and leads bonded into a header assembly that is compatible with AuSn die attach at 320° or nanosilver die attach.
TECHNICAL ADVANTAGES OF CA-PACK PACKAGE DESIGN
With our long history in manufacturing microelectronic packaging for sensitive devices, you can trust our expertise to offer a reliable air cavity package with copper flanges for use in RF power transistors. Other distinctive features include:
- Copper flanges provide better thermal performance than CuW or CPC flanges
- Compatible with ear’d and earless flanges
- Compatible with copper flanges and exotic flange materials
- Available in same designs as standard brazed ceramic packages
- Available in larger sizes up to a cavity of 16.5 mm x 6.1 mm (NI780 header)
- Unmetallized frames enable shorter lead times and reduce manufacturing complexity
If saving time and reducing cost is important for your ceramic air cavity packages, talk to one of our experts about the fully-assembled CA-Pack package solution.