PLATED FLANGES FREE OF SURFACE DEFECTS
Materion’s proprietary plating process produces flanges that are free of pits, scratches and other defects that pose a major quality challenge to customers. Our scratch-free surfaces are critical for plated flanges that ensure the best die attach for ceramic packaging.
ADVANCED MATERIALS TO CREATE SUPERIOR FLANGES
Our variety of advanced material custom-plated flanges can accommodate multiple applications to meet your microelectronics packaging requirements. The choices of materials include:
- Flanges are plated with Ni:Co + Au for high-performance use in RF transistors, FETs and MMICs
- Flange material can be pure Cu, Mo or W, or the composites CuW, CuMo, Cu-CuMO lamination (CPC) or Cu-Mo-Cu lamination (CMC)
- Flanges are plated with electrolytic nickel, copper and gold for reliability
- Compatible with AuSi eutectic die attach
UNIQUE ADVANTAGES OF MATERION PLATED FLANGES
Our engineers will partner with you to identify the optimal plated flanges for ceramic packaging that will enable a variety of RF applications. Materion can offer several option including:
- Substrates for gold-plated BeO pill packages
- Discrete ringframes that are epoxied onto the flange
- Circuit boards with cut-outs
- Meet the exacting standards of the microelectronics packaging industry
See how our plated flanges with scratch-free surfaces can improve your die attach. Contact our plate flange experts to discuss the best flange for your ceramic packaging.