INFRARED FILTERS AND COATINGS FOR EXTREME APPLICATIONS
Our customized infrared filters enable accurate gas detection or create an enhanced thermal image. We can pattern or bond multiple filters into an array, thus providing a variety of filters and coatings to meet your requirements.
THE MATERION ADVANTAGE
Our infrared filters detect gases that have a signature in the IR spectrum from NIR through 40 microns and can protect IR detectors from harmful light waves. Applications range from flame & gas detection, automotive night vision, thermal imaging, thermography, to mechanical housings & assemblies for hermetic packaging.
- Antireflective Coatings – Broad Band, Dual Band, Single Band, V-Coat
- Bandpass Filters – Dual Band, Multi-Band, Narrow Band, Wide Band
- Edge Filters – Long Pass, Short Pass, Suppressed Short Pass, Non-Polarizing
- Miscellaneous – Beamsplitter, Gain Flattener, Dark Mirror, Neutral Density, Notch, Rugate
- Reflectors – Dielectric, Enhanced Metal, Protected Metal
- Solderable coatings for hermetic sealing and mounting
Low Defect Wafer Level Packaging
- Coatings can withstand temperatures up to 400 C depending on design & requirements
- Uniform coatings limit bowing of wafers and allow for bonding without breakage
- Cu/Sn coatings for low cost bonding solutions
- High volume low cost
- Turnkey solution with Visi-LidTM Assembly (mechanical package, getter, solder perform, and assembly)
Gas Detection Filters
- High reliability and repeatability
- Low band shift with temperature/ Low band shift with angle
- NO band shift with temperature
Contact Materion to let us demonstrate our capabilities in producing IR filters and coatings.