INFRARED FILTERS AND COATINGS
Our customized infrared filters enable accurate gas detection or create an enhanced thermal image. We can pattern or bond multiple filters into an array, thus providing a variety of filters and coatings to meet your requirements.
THE MATERION ADVANTAGE
Our infrared filters detect gases that have a signature in the IR spectrum from NIR through 40 microns and can protect IR detectors from harmful light waves. Applications range from flame & gas detection, automotive night vision, thermal imaging, thermography, to mechanical housings & assemblies for hermetic packaging.
- Antireflective Coatings – Broad Band, Dual Band, Single Band, V-Coat
- Bandpass Filters – Dual Band, Multi-Band, Narrow Band, Wide Band
- Edge Filters – Long Pass, Short Pass, Suppressed Short Pass, Non-Polarizing
- Miscellaneous – Beamsplitter, Gain Flattener, Dark Mirror, Neutral Density, Notch, Rugate
- Reflectors – Dielectric, Enhanced Metal, Protected Metal
- Solderable coatings for hermetic sealing and mounting
Low Defect Wafer Level Packaging
- Coatings can withstand temperatures up to 400 C depending on design & requirements
- Uniform coatings limit bowing of wafers and allow for bonding without breakage
- Cu/Sn coatings for low cost bonding solutions
- High volume low cost
- Turnkey solution with Visi-LidTM Assembly (mechanical package, getter, solder perform, and assembly)
Gas Detection Filters
- High reliability and repeatability
- Low band shift with temperature/ Low band shift with angle
- NO band shift with temperature
Contact Materion to let us demonstrate our capabilities in producing IR filters and coatings.