MARKET-LEADING VALUE IN LARGE AREA SPUTTERING TARGETS
Our high performance large geometry targets and rotary sputtering targets deliver uniform large area coverage for thin film deposition especially for applications like large area glass coating, architectural glass, automotive glass, residential glass, mirrors, photovoltaics and specialty films. Available in both precious and non-precious metals, Materion can customize large area sputtering targets to fit your specific process.
GRAIN SIZE CRITICAL TO CONSISTENT THIN FILM DEPOSITION
Uniformly sized, equiaxed grains produce homogeneous films and enable steady-state sputtering. Our Super Fine Grain (SFG) sputtering targets are created by our proprietary process and guarantee optimized grain structure for unvarying performance.
IN-HOUSE MATERIAL SYNTHESIS PROVIDES ADVANTAGES
Our internal manufacturing operations and material synthesis enable us to provide market-leading value in large area sputtering targets including:
- Large geometry targets in sectional or monolithic design, up to 4 meters in length
- Variety of target materials: Ag, precious metal alloys, Cr, Cu, Ti, stainless steel, Zn, Sn
- Planar or rotary formats available
- High density materials for longer coating runs, reducing chamber downtime for target replacement and associated equipment maintenance in thin film deposition
- Broad range of materials for large area glass coatings
COMPLEMENTARY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
In addition to our large area sputtering targets, we offer a one-stop resource for a wide range of support services for target owners to extend target life and increase cost-efficiency.
- Backing plates – Select the design with physical properties that support your target
- Sputtering Target Bonding – Ensure a superior bond with your target
- Shield Kits & Precision Parts Cleaning – Innovative cleaning techniques salvages more precious metal
- Reclaim & Refining – Techniques refine recovered metal from the production waste stream
Discuss the best approach for your large area coating needs. Contact a Materion specialist to see which of our large area sputtering targets is suitable for your thin film deposition requirements.