REDUCE THE COSTS FOR LARGE AREA COATING OPERATIONS
Compared to standard planar configurations, our rotatable sputtering targets greatly increase material utilization for thin film deposition of large areas. This savings is especially valuable for photovoltaic and solar power applications as well as reflective coatings in mirrors and high temperature coatings.
WORLD LEADING PRODUCER OF THIN FILM DEPOSITION MATERIALS
Materion, now expanded with the acquisition of Heraeus target business, delivers:
- Broad range of highly engineered precious metal and non-precious metal rotatable sputtering targets as well as innovative alloys or ceramics developed specifically for your application
- High purity materials with optimized microstructure for complete coverage
- Materials with consistent quality for extended product life
- Customization capability to match appropriate materials for highest performance
CYLINDRICAL TARGETS OFFER THESE ADVANTAGES OVER PLANAR
Rotatable sputtering targets increase run time and are more cost-effective for high volume processes for large area coating. Available in a range of precious and non-precious metals as well as ceramic and inorganic targets with customized chemistries.
- Larger erosion zones that provide 2 to 2.5 times the material utilization
- Longer target life that reduces frequency of downtime for change-outs and chamber maintenance
- Custom manufacturing in monolithic, segmented or thermal spray formats
- End features that are precision machined for individual cathode system designs
SUPPORTING PHOTOVOLTAIC AND SOLAR POWER APPLICATIONS
Materion supports the photovoltaic and solar power industry as well as high temperature and reflective coating applications with rotatable sputtering targets as well as multiple materials including:
- Ability to supply materials to any size operation from R&D to full-scale production
- Optimum grain size & uniform microstructure assure consistent process performance
- Complete homogeneity and high purity levels produce consistent coverage
- Solar power cell options include CIGS, CdTe and amorphous-Si and Multi-junction
Do you have a high volume large area coating process that would benefit from the use of rotatable sputtering targets? Explore your options by contacting a Materion specialist.