WHEN YOU NEED HERMETIC LIDS & SOLDER PREFORMS IN A SHORT LEADTIME!
To keep pace with rapidly changing technology, engineers need durable and reliable packaging materials quickly. Materion can supply Combo-Lid™ covers, lids, and solder preforms within half the standard lead-time through our COVERexpress™ service. Faster delivery can accelerate projects and decrease time to the market.
EXPANDED LIST OF PRODUCTS & SERVICES AVAILABLE
COVERexpress™ service now includes the following products & services:
- Etch Lid™ covers for seam sealing
Visi-Lid™ covers for optical devices
- Anti-Reflective (AR) coated widows with solder attached
- AR coated windows attached to etch lid for seam sealing
Non-magnetic lids for magnetic sensitive devices:
- Ceramic Combo-Lids™ covers
- Molybdenum Combo-Lids™ covers
- Glass based Combo-Lids™ covers
- CuW and AlSiC Combo-Lids™covers
- Tack welding of solders onto lids or flanges
- Getter attachment onto lids to contain outgassing issue
- Complex shapes of AuSn & soft solder preforms
- Palladium plated Combo-lids™ covers
- Low temperature Combo-Lids™ covers
- Selective plated Combo-Lids™ covers
- Micro size AuSn preforms, strips and preforms
- Low melting temperature preforms and soft solders
COVERExpress SERVICE ADVANTAGES
Our new service provides is beneficial for customers who require smaller production quantities for R&D projects as well as a shorter delivery time for product feasibility studies.
COVERexpress™ eliminates the requirement to fabricate hard tools. Instead, it employs a soft tool which is constructed to swiftly produce complex designs or micro-sized products.
More Customer Benefits:
- Tooled for over 8,000 preforms in a variety of shapes, sizes, materials & configurations
- Customizable lid designs manufactured to your specific requirements
- High purity materials for extremely effective seal rings for excellent soldering performance
- Gold-tin alloys form hermetic seals without any flux
- Non-precious and lead-free solders available
- Edge metallization on ceramic lids provide uniform fillet formation
- Applications engineers offer product development assistance and trouble shooting
- Preform tack welding for both metal and ceramic products