ADVANCED COPPER BERYLLIUM ALLOYS - RELIABILITY IN DEMANDING APPLICATIONS
Copper beryllium (CuBe) alloys offer a unique combination of strength, conductivity, hardness and corrosion resistance. They are also non-magnetic and non-sparking. As a result, they provide many advantages in demanding end-use applications that operate in harsh environments, including oil and gas downhole drilling tools, undersea telecommunications components, computer burn-in and test sockets (BiTS), medical connectors, switches and relays, aerospace bushing, as well as automotive wire harnesses and connectors.
Materion manufactures copper beryllium rod, bar, wire, tube, plate, strip, forgings, and extrusions in several distinct compositions to meet specific property requirements.
BENEFITS OF USING COPPER BERYLLIUM ALLOYS
Copper beryllium alloys are essential in today's electronics, automotive, telecommunications, aerospace and oil and gas applications, ensuring improved performance, durability and reliability over other materials.
The benefits of copper beryllium alloys include:
- High strength – the greatest strength (up to 1,400 MPa / 200,000 psi) of all copper-based alloys
- Conductivity – maintains flow of electrical and thermal energy
- Improved miniaturization – smaller parts and connectors have high repetitive cycle life and can be easily formed into complex shapes
- Excellent stress relaxation – retains contact force at elevated temperatures for high reliability
- Durability – resists wear, corrosion and galling better than most other copper alloys.
In addition, microelectronics devices made with copper beryllium alloys are more energy efficient, conserve natural resources and extend product life.
COPPER BERYLLIUM IS CONNECTING PEOPLE
COPPER BERYLLIUM ATTRIBUTES & INDUSTRIES
- High connectivity alloys – Alloy 3 / Alloy 10 / Alloy 10X / Alloy 310
- High strength alloys – Alloy 25 / Alloy M25/ Alloy 165 & Alloy 190 / Alloy 290
- High connectivity & high strength – Alloy 390 / Alloy 390E
- Advanced electronic connector alloys – Alloy 174 / Brush 60
Copper beryllium alloys are the materials of choice in a wide range of markets and applications, including:
- Plastic Molds & Tooling
- Electronic Springs & Connectors
- Oil & Gas Equipment Components
- Automotive Powertrain Components
- Undersea & Marine Telecom Components
DOWNLOAD THE NEWLY UPDATED GUIDE TO HIGH PERFORMANCE ALLOYS
This guide has been updated with additional information about new ToughMet® alloy tempers, the expanded size range of ToughMet TS alloys, along with new galling, wear and temperature dependent property data and improved micrographs.
To learn more about our alloys, download the updated comprehensive, 84-page Guide to High Performance Alloys. The guide provides important details about the physical and mechanical properties of our standard alloys, application and engineering data as well as processing and fabrication recommendations.
For more information about the standard bulk products we offer, see our list of standard bulk products.