MATERION ADVANCED MATERIAL SOLUTIONS ADDRESS THE EXTREME CHALLENGES OF THE AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
Few environments are harsher than those encountered in aerospace applications. Extremes in temperature, friction and vibration can threaten the integrity of mission-critical components. Materion offers a host of high performance materials and specialty alloys designed to address the challenges associated with the unforgiving environments faced by our aerospace customers, including:
HIGH PERFORMANCE ALLOYS MEET THE DEMANDS OF AEROSPACE EXTREMES
High and low temperatures, shock loads, heavy vibration are just some of the extremes materials will be exposed to in aerospace applications. The specialty alloys we engineer to meet those demands include:
- Alloy M25 provides high fatigue & tensile strength for connectors in signal contacts.
- Brush 1915® alloy offers high conductivity with good formability for cold heading or cold forming into power contacts and connectors.
- Alloy 25 provides higher strength for static and dynamic bushings and bearings for landing gear, airframes, actuators and horizontal stabilizers.
- ToughMet® alloys offers unparalleled anti-galling and anti-wear properties, making them ideal for bushings and bearings for landing gear, engine pylons, airframes, actuators and control surface and horizontal stabilizers.
Download our Aerospace Alloys Brochure to see all the aerospace specified materials (ABS, AIMS, AMS, ASNA, BMS, MA, MTL).
METAL MATRIX COMPOSITES REDUCE WEIGHT OF AEROSPACE COMPONENTS
Our lightweight metal matrix composites (MMCs) meet requirements for high strength and stiffness that optimize a range of aerospace applications.
- AlBeMet® & AlBeCast® composites combine the high modulus and low-density characteristics of beryllium with the fabrication and mechanical properties of aluminum.
- E-materials, beryllium-beryllium oxide MMCs, provide excellent thermal management, working well as part of lightweight heat sinks for electronic circuits.
- SupremEX® MMCs provide high strength and stiffness while reducing weight, making them ideal for engine components or aircraft and satellite structures.
THIN FILM SOLUTIONS THAT PROTECT AEROSPACE APPLICATIONS
We have worked with aerospace customers for more than 70 years to collaborate in developing advanced thin film solutions that can withstand extreme physical and environmental conditions. Our thin film products and services include:
- Refractory coatings protect leading edge surfaces like turbine blades and nose cones.
- Temperature and abrasion-resistant tiles shield spacecraft upon atmospheric reentry.
- Custom chemical synthesis and manufacturing processes produce proprietary materials for advanced applications.
- Expert guidance on material selection speeds development time and reduces development costs
Aerospace Certifications & Accreditation
Our facilities run in full compliance of the requirements and operate process procedures established by various international and industry quality management systems. Those include:
- AS 9100 D & ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems – Aerospace.
- Nadcap Accreditation for heat treatment and Nadcap Accreditation for materials testing.
Read more about Materion’s aerospace certifications.
Contact our material engineers to learn more about our aerospace solutions and capabilities.