MATERION OFFERS VERSATILE ALLOY SOLUTIONS FOR APPLIANCE RELAYS AND SWITCHES
Long-life and reliable control. These are key characteristics consumers expect from household and commercial appliances. Materion has provided a vast array of versatile, reliable materials and services to help the appliance industry meet these expectations for decades. From our groundbreaking improvements in the fatigue life of electrical relays to our work in providing the electrical connector terminals used in the world’s first integrated electrical systems designed into appliances – Materion has been at the forefront of innovative solutions for the appliance industry.
INNOVATIVE MATERIALS ADVANCE APPLIANCE ELECTRONICS
As appliances continue to incorporate ever more sophisticated electronics into their functionality, Materion is providing a wide range of innovative materials and services to meet the evolving needs of the appliance industry. Materion’s target materials and vacuum deposition chamber services provide integrated circuits (IC), memory chips and other devices (such as LED lights) for virtually all appliances, from coffee makers to complete household electronic security and appliance control systems.
Materion is also enabling appliances to be more environmentally friendly. For example:
- Incorporating copper beryllium alloys into switches and sensors helps make appliances more efficient.
- More sensitive water level sensors/switches help minimize water use in washing machines and more safety interlock switches allow driers to spin at higher speeds.
- The high performance of beryllium nickel springs allows greater temperature control on cooktops.
MATERION HAS SOLUTIONS FOR CRITICAL APPLIANCE APPLICATIONS
Materion relays and connectors provide long life and reliable control for many of the key functions of household appliances, including refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers, microwave ovens and heating/cooling system thermostats. Designers rely on Materion to deliver materials that will perform in harsh environments and critical applications, such as:
- Materion nickel beryllium alloys ensure fire extinguisher systems, which may rest dormant for decades, operate immediately when the sensors detect a fire.
- Read more about nickel beryllium Alloy 360 for fire protection systems in our new product brief.
- Materion copper beryllium alloy pressure gauge components are critical to the effective operation of the oxygen respirator systems that firefighters depend upon for life support
Contact Our Team to discuss how Materion can customize an appliance solution to meet your needs.