ADDRESSING THE DAUNTING CHALLENGES OF THE SPACE STRUCTURE MARKET
Materion provides high-quality, reliable materials for space-based systems and components. Our expert solutions support space structure reliability and performance, helping to secure our skies and advance our knowledge of the universe. Our solutions address the most common challenges for space structures, including mass, dimensional and thermal stability, ability to perform at both elevated and cryogenic temperatures, ability to survive launch loads and emissivity.
UNIQUE MATERIALS FOR MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS
Materion’s unique materials are used in numerous applications including:
- Space-based systems and components that are used in space telescopes such as the James Webb Space Telescope, the Hubble Telescope, Spitzer and more
- Space based surveillance and targeting systems for missile defense and commercial satellites
- Deep space exploration telescopes
- The manned space exploration program
Read more about the quality of our beryllium and how it enables projects like the James Webb Space Telescope from NASA Spinoff.
METAL MATRIX COMPOSITES REDUCE WEIGHT FOR SATELLITES
Our lightweight metal matrix composites (MMCs) meet requirements for high strength and stiffness that optimize a range of satellite applications.
- AlBeMet® & AlBeCast® composites combine the high modulus and low-density characteristics of beryllium with the fabrication and mechanical properties of aluminum.
- SupremEX® MMCs provide high strength and stiffness while reducing weight, making them ideal for satellite structures.
Read our case study to see how SupremEX composites are helping the Copernicus Earth Observation Project monitor the general health of our planet.
LEADING THE INDUSTRY IN SPACE-BASED SOLUTIONS
Materion is recognized globally for its contributions of innovative and reliable technology for the harsh environment of space. Our high performance materials and solutions have a long heritage of use in space structures including:
- Satellite and Space Structures
- Solar Wing Drives
- Telescope Optics
- Telescope structures
- Yokes and Mirrors
Learn more about the beryllium metals and metal matrix composites that enable space structures.
If mass, stiffness and thermal stability are your concerns, contact our team today to learn how we can provide you with customized products and services to meet your space-based needs.