INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS FOR THE MOBILE DEVICE MARKET
The dramatic growth in technology for wireless handset devices has created a demand for innovative products and solutions to address common industry challenges such as high power and frequency. Materion remains at the forefront of technical advances, serving the wireless device industry with PVD materials, high performance alloys, specialty alloy connectors and specialized assembly packaging materials. We work in partnership with customers to address industry concerns and challenges.
ENABLING TECHNOLOGY FOR WIRELESS DEVICES
Materion products and materials enable enhanced performance and reliability in wireless devices. Designers rely on us for our wireless device technologies including:
- EVAPro™ process technology, which produces higher yields when evaporated onto compound semiconductor (GaAs) wafers, minimizes defects caused by splattering and contains ultralow gas entrapment that promotes low-defect devices
- SFG™ thermomechanical process, which produces a sputtering target with optimal grain size and crystal orientation and deposited films with uniform properties
- VCT™ Casting Technology, which ensures small, randomly orientated grain and 100% alloy homogeneity during casting and is ideal for us with brittle material such as gold-germanium, gold-tin, and gold-zinc
- Copper alloys for the electrical terminal contacts in connectors -- critical to the functioning of today’s cell phones and other mobile devices – which provide superior strength, formability, electrical conductivity and spring memory
- EtchMet™ Alloy & BF 158 strip provide optimum strength properties for voice coil motor springs and optical image stabilizing applications in smartphones and other mobile devices.
- eStainless® clad - innovative thermal management material that can be thinner for consumer electronics and provide increased strength.
- Copper Aluminum Dovetail Clad® metal - combines optimal mechanical, electrical and thermal characteristics for lithium battery connections.
PROVIDING OUTSTANDING SERVICE AND SUPPORT
Whatever your wireless device requirements, Materion’s knowledgeable staff will work with you toward an innovative solution. Our services include:
- Full array of sputter target backing plate designs and services, such as replacing, refurbishing, repairing and designing custom backing plates
- Global target bonding facilities to supply industry-leading bonding services at a local facility
- In-house precious metal refining and recycling program, which includes spent targets, chamber scrapings and coated precision parts cleaning
Contact Our Team today to learn more about how Materion can help meet your wireless device application needs.