SPECIALIZED EXPERTISE EXCEEDING THE MOST CHALLENGING REQUIREMENTS OF DEFENSE
Materion engineers and scientists are continually innovating materials solutions to meet the needs of the defense and commercial sensing markets, providing precision components and specialized materials suited for a wide variety of applications. Our materials offer greater flexibility and more choices for optimizing defense applications, including:
- Avionics Materials: Low-weight, high stiffness, alternative materials that can be used to build improved avionics systems.
- Laser & Microwave Communications: Materials that provide the stability and reliability required for mission critical communications applications.
- Optical Systems: Advanced materials for ISR, LIDAR and EO/IR applications.
- Photonics Lasers: Reliable materials for state-of-the-art tracking, sensing and acquisition systems.
- Thermal Imaging: Quality sensors and night vision filters needed for military thermal imaging applications.
- Weapon Systems: Laser-hardened optics, thin film deposition, filters and mirrors for IR countermeasure, precision strike and force protection applications.
SEE HOW MATERION IS ENHANCING DEFENSE APPLICATIONS
ADVANCED MATERIALS THAT ENABLE DEFENSE AND COMMERCIAL SENSING APPLICATIONS
Based on years of experience working on defense applications for ground, airborne and space based optical systems, missile seekers and thermal management technologies, Materion understands the unique challenges of the industry and strive to deliver the highest quality materials that ensure performance in mission critical situations.
Materials used to enable and enhance the performance of defense and sensing applications include:
- AlBeMet® Metal Matrix Composites (MMCs) and AlBeCast® MMCs are aluminum and beryllium composites that provide exceptional performance for opto-mechanical systems and thermal management in electronics applications.
- SupremEX® MMCs are made of high-quality aluminum reinforced with submicron silicon-carbide particles making lighter, stiffer and stronger composites for demanding structural and thermal management applications.
- Structural-grade beryllium metal offers weight reduction and increased stiffness for ultra-high performance opto-mechanical applications, missile seekers and guidance systems.
- ToughMet® alloys, copper-nickel-tin materials, are used to make durable bearings and bushings that resist wear and galling on military ground vehicles and aircraft.
- Multi-Spectral Arrays are used to reduce the size and weight of aircraft and space-based imaging systems enabling more power efficient systems.
- Diamond Like Coatings are customized to provide spectral performance in the MWIR and LWIR range.
- Enhanced Mirrors/HEL with unique coatings make our mirrors virtually insensitive to polarization and angle of incidence and help maintain the highest light output from the UV to the far-infrared range.
- Wafer Level Coatings offer low-defect wafer level thin film solutions with specialization in customized films for optimal performance and high reliability.
- Patterned and Nanogetters are thin film getter solutions that incorporate proprietary materials and processes to eliminate stray gases trapped within MEMS device packaging.
SUPPORTING DEFENSE THROUGH INNOVATION
With our experience designing and manufacturing precision products for use in a wide variety of defense applications, we understand the unique challenges of the defense industry and deliver the highest quality specialized materials solutions.
Contact our team to learn more about our materials solutions for your defense applications.