THERMAL DISSIPATION OF SILVER AND GOLD THIN FOILS AVAILABLE IN VARIOUS GEOMETRIC DESIGNS COMPRESSED WITH YOUR BRANDING
Materion manufactures high-purity elements and/or alloys such as silver- and gold-based alloy preforms in a wide range of materials, sizes, forms, and configurations. Embossed silver preforms offer precise contact between thermal spreaders and flanges. Materion’s GenPack™ RF packaging encompasses effective thermal transfer flanges such as silver diamond, CPC, and CMC.
Metal preforms are the ideal solution for reproducible and consistent thermal dissipation results, with low variation in thickness. Our technical engineering team can help you identify and customize precise alloy compositions to ensure integration of various materials into packaging applications ideal for semiconductor and power electronics.
THERMAL CONTACT MATERIALS TO SUPPORT GENPACK RF PACKAGES
Materion has a robust offering of embossed metal alloy preforms that include:
• High purity of 99.995% of silver and gold material
• Variety of shapes such as circular, semi-circular, squares, rectangles, and any other custom shapes
• Add-on embossing of texture to both top and bottom surfaces for greater surface contact
• Holes and relief on the preform shape to match the mounting to thermal spreading flanges
• Soft tool for smaller quantity volume and hard tool available for high volume production, offering shorter lead times
• Tack welding offered to the preform to substrates
• Packaging could be waffle, or tape and reel, based on your requirements
• Silver material with a thermal conductivity of 430 w/m. K is an ideal material applied between the thermal spreaders/flanges and the substrates
EMBOSSED PREFORMS FOR USE IN MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS
We manufacture preforms employed in a wide range of industries that require superior joining for use in sensitive electronics such as:
- High-power semiconductor devices
- Hermetic microelectronics packaging
- Military/aerospace/weapon systems
- RF and microwave devices
- Measuring devices
Explore our options and Contact Materion today to talk about customizing a product to support embossed thermal contact materials.