EXTENSIVE RANGE OF PREFORMS FOR MICROELECTRONICS PACKAGING
With our vast tool library and 30 years of material science expertise, Materion is able to manufacture preforms of the highest quality for enhanced performance. When you need optimal adhesion, our preforms are composed of ultra clean alloys for superior thermal and electrical conductivity.
PREFORMS TO MATCH YOUR EXACT REQUIREMENTS
Materion fabricates a family of preforms to meet customers’ distinct needs for various materials, shapes and sizes. Our library of preforms includes:
- Squares, rectangles, discs, washers & frames as well as customized unique shapes
- Extensive material selection of ultra clean braze alloys for superior thermal and electrical conductivity
- Lead-free alloys available in high quality materials including gold and silver alloys, gold-tin alloys, gold-germanium alloys, gold-tin-copper alloys, et. al.
- Standard thicknesses from 0.001” to widths up to 4.500”
- Very accurate adjustable tools for low volume requests
UNIQUE ADVANTAGES OF GOLD-TIN PREFORMS
There are a number of benefits in using Materion’s gold alloy preforms. Our preforms have a high reliability in joining gold-plated surfaces for hermetic sealing such as that required for hermetic microelectronics packaging. This product provides:
- High tensile strength
- Resistant to corrosion and oxidation
- Superior thermal and electrical conductivity
- Excellent wetting properties for lid sealing
- Consistent solder joints
PREFORMS FOR USE IN MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS
We manufacture preforms employed in a wide range of industries that require superior joining for use in sensitive electronics such as:
- High-power semiconductor devices
- Hermetic microelectronics packaging
- Military/aerospace/weapon systems
- RF and microwave devices
- Measuring devices
Contact our technical team to help identify the most suitable material for your application and preforms that will meet your size and shape requirements.