CUSTOM BORIDE COMPOUNDS CREATED DESPITE MANUFACTURING DIFFICULTIES
While boride compositions can be difficult to produce due to their high melting points, reactive nature and brittleness, Materion’s chemical expertise has overcome those challenges. We manufacture a comprehensive line of borides to meet our customers’ requirements.
BORIDE ATTRIBUTES IDEAL FOR CERTAIN APPLICATIONS
A number of industrial and commercial users find boride compounds suited to the following technical applications due to their dependable qualities including:
- Metal-rich borides with high melting points – used for turbine blades
- Excellent electrical conductivity – used in electrical devices
- Extraordinary hardness, resistant to erosion – used for wear-resistant coatings, cathode material, cutting tools and crucibles
VAST PRODUCT OFFERINGS OF BORIDE COMPOUNDS & FORMS
Materion borides are available in a variety of forms and purities including powders, granules, pellets and targets. Manufacturing processes can vary by product, application process and end use, so we customize boride compounds to customers’ exact specifications. Following are typical boride compositions:
Search our Online Inorganic Chemicals Catalog
BENEFITS OF 50 YEARS OF CHEMICAL EXPERTISE
Our long history in the inorganic chemicals manufacturing field allows us to provide these technical capabilities:
- Specialization in materials which are difficult to find and manufacture
- Hazardous materials handling
- Controlled atmosphere handling
- High temperature chemical synthesis
- Custom particle sizing
- Development of new, experimental materials with tailored physical properties
- Ability to scale manufacturing quantities from R&D to full production levels
We continue to develop new boride compounds as needed to meet our customers’ requirements. Discuss your need with one of Materion’s chemical experts.
Interested in pricing information? Use our Request a Quote form to provide the details on your boride compound requirements.