WAFER LEVEL COATINGS
Our state-of-the-art wafer level coating cell facility provides extraordinary defect control under semiconductor conditions and offers a broad range of thin film coatings for aerospace, defense, commercial, microelectronic, biomedical and consumer electronics applications.
LOW DEFECT WAFER CAPABILITIES
Materion offers a range of innovative technologies to support low defect wafer coating. Our photolithography processes enable precise application of a variety of optical & non-optical thin films for challenging applications.
- Class 1,000 clean room with IR coating chambers & 3D patterning equipment
- Capabilities: thick & thin films, positive & negative resists, wet & dry etching and electroplating
- Works with broad range of wavelengths from UV to VLWIR
- Reduces defects by up to two orders of magnitude
- Customized materials solutions for optimal price and performance
LOW DEFECT WAFER COATINGS
Micro-display and imaging sensor manufacturers need extraordinary defect control in thin film coating processes. We offer superior anti-reflective, long wave IR, patterned chrome & IMITO low defect coatings for multiple applications.
- Wafer level coatings custom-designed & manufactured to your application
- Multiple patterning techniques employed including AuSn eutectic solder coatings
- Coatings of low defect density and defect size
- Bonding to other wafers available
- Broad range of coatings available
Optical and semiconductor industries reduce light scatter using chrome patterns on planar components. Patterned substrates also provide solutions for microelectronic devices demanding high thermal & electrical performance.
- High resolution, low defect chrome patterns
- Customized solutions for: optical sensors, projection display, MEMs, LCoS, medical, e-lighting, imaging
- Apply scalable patterns to planar or 3D surfaces
- Excellent adhesion on glass
- Low transmittance & reflectance
- High absorption capacity
LOW DEFECT WAFER LEVEL BONDING FOR GLASS WAFER SUBSTRATES
We design multi-layer anti-reflective coatings for maximum efficiency in a broad wavelength range. We can bond various coatings solutions on any kind of glass wafer substrate with extremely low defects and prevent pixel loss.
- Bonding to perform in UV range down to 280nm thru near IR range up to 12 um
- Support applications from gaming, IR sensing, projection display, automotive, medical, MEMS/LCoS and more
- Lowest residual reflectance of IMITO/Polymide/Liquid Crystal stack
- Patterned aperture structures available upon request
Contact us. Whether your application is gaming, IR sensing, remote control, projection display, automotive, medical, instruments, or MEMs/LCoS/CCd/CMOS - we can meet your coating requirments.