HIGH -PURITY THIN FILM DEPOSITION MATERIALS MEAN BETTER PERFORMANCE
Materion knows that the quality of every PVD thin film deposition coating is highly dependent on the source material. It requires high purity materials specifically made for physical vapor deposition (PVD) with low organic and inorganic impurities and superior surface cleanliness. Achieving this level of purity results in highly reproducible performance with low spit rates and defects. Materion’s family of thin film deposition materials can meet these exacting purity requirements for the microelectronic, optical and medical manufacturing industries.
CUSTOMIZED SPUTTERING TARGETS PRODUCE UNIFORM PVD THIN FILM COATINGS
Our line of fine-grained PVD sputtering targets can resolve your concerns for uniformity, reproducibility, purity, homogeneity and other challenges. Our targets are available in a wide range of materials, sizes, forms and configurations. Materion’s offers proprietary designs and technologies like vibration casting technology (VCT™) and super fine grain (SFG™) reduce particulation, improve grain structure and extend target life.
- Large Area Sputtering Targets – for large area coverage in coating processes
- Rotatable Sputtering Targets – larger erosion zones proving greater material utilization
- Magnetically Enhanced (ME Grade™) Sputtering Targets - improve sputtering performance of ferromagnetic materials
- Xtended Life™ Targets – technology maximizes uptime and extends target utilization
CLEAN EVAPORATION MATERIALS ENABLE REPRODUCIBILITY
We manufacture evaporation materials in precious and non-precious metals, inorganic chemicals and ceramics to support all major OEM platforms. All configurations provide low impurities and minimal surface contamination. Whether ion-assisted, E-beam or thermal evaporation, our materials achieve low spit rates. Among our offerings are:
- EVAPro® materials – produced by this process optimize thin film deposition
- Starter Sources – replace slugs and increase yields
- Inorganic Chemicals for Thin Film Coating – huge range of specialty materials
- MEMS Materials – alloys & compounds for the semiconductor, memory industries
PVD THIN FILM CONSUMABLES SUPPORT THIN FILM DEPOSITION
Other products are an integral part of the thin film deposition process. Materion provides a complete line of these PVD thin film solutions.
- Backing Plates – plate on which sputtering target is secured
- Crucible Liners – liners for E-beam evaporation processes
- Silvertech PT-1 – epoxy for better bonding for high-temp sputtering
- Thermotech TE – silver-filled vacuum paste for bonding sputtering targets
ELECTROPLATING ANODES IN MULTIPLE ALLOYS AND CUSTOM SHAPES
Our metallurgists have developed new doping technologies to improve anode performance and efficiency during the electroplating process. Materion manufactures an extensive selection of standard and custom electroplating anode shapes to fit a variety of plating systems. Electroplating anodes are widely used in various industries for coating metal objects with a thin layer of a different metal that has a desired property, which the underlying metal of the object lacks.
The uniformity and quality of your product’s PVD thin film coating depend on selecting the purest evaporation materials. Discuss your coating application with one of Materion’s engineers for expert guidance.