LOW SPIT, HIGH PURITY SPUTTERING TARGETS FOR OPTIMAL THIN FILM COATING
Our sputtering targets can resolve your concerns for uniformity, reproducibility and homogeneity. With the acquisition of the Heraeus target business, we offer an even wider variety of precious and non-precious metal targets. We customize precision alloy compositions to ensure thin film coatings with consistent phase content and refined grain size.
EXCEPTIONAL SPUTTERING TARGETS WITH THESE ADVANTAGES
Materion’s experience and extensive material control allow us to provide sputtering targets with demanding requirements. Our capabilities include:
- Unique designs and forms reduce costs and increase up time
- Fine-grained targets deliver uniform thin film coating
- Ceramic and inorganic targets available with customized chemistries
- High purity source materials offer superior surface cleanliness that reduces spitting
- Innovative technologies such as our patented VCTTM sputtering targets decrease grain size
- Support a wide variety of OEM platforms
INNOVATIVE SPUTTERING TARGETS FOR SPECIFIC USES
When you require thin film coating of large areas such as for residential or architectural glass, or have issues with ferromagnetic materials, we offer specialty targets that can address your challenges.
- Large Area Sputtering Targets – Custom-designed for large area thin film coating coverage
- ME GradeTM Sputtering Targets – Magnetically enhanced targets resolve challenges of ferromagnetic materials
- Rotatable Sputtering Targets – Cylindrical targets providing more than two times material utilization
- Xtended LifeTM Targets – Technology allows for reduced chamber downtime & lower costs
- PVD Materials for OLED electronic display - high quality silver, aluminum and lithium fluoride, magnesium, ytterbium and CORA material
More About Innovative CORA Material
Our unique CORA material is a corrosion-resistant silver alloy sputtering target material used for manufacture of organic electroluminescent (EL) displays as well as applications such as transflective displays. This durable material comes in a range of target sizes with small grain size that enhances luminance & longevity of displays, delivers highly uniform film properties over large form factors, and increases yield.
SPUTTERING TARGET SERVICES & TECHNOLOGIES
As a totally integrated supplier, Materion offers complementary target technologies and services to support a target’s lifetime. Whether it is for finer grain size, or bonding backing plates to targets, or reclaiming metal through advanced cleaning, or refining to reclaim metal as a cost benefit – we partner with you from cradle-to-grave.
- SFGTM Sputtering Targets – Manufacturing technology of Super Fine Grain enhances target performance
- VCTTM Sputtering Targets – Vibration Casting Technology can decrease grain size by as much as 90%
- Backing Plates – the right backing is critical to your sputtering process
- Sputtering Target Bonding – Service that provides optimal bonding of target to backing plate
- Precision Parts Cleaning – Advanced cleaning methods for cost-effective material removal
- Refining & Reclaim – Precious metal recovered and refined for return to customer
Consult with a Materion engineer to discuss the appropriate sputtering target or related product thin film coating requirements.