HIGH-QUALITY ALUMINUM SCANDIUM SPUTTER TARGETS FOR NEXT GENERATION pMEMS
To support the thin film-based piezoelectric MEMS (pMEMS) sensor and device industry, Materion has developed a melt-based process for fabricating aluminum scandium sputter targets specifically engineered for the reactive deposition of thin film scandium doped aluminum nitride films. The targets exhibit high chemical uniformity, low oxygen contents, and >3N purity.
FOUND IN A VARIETY OF pMEMS APPLICATIONS
Thin film piezoelectric materials are increasingly found in automotive, industrial, and personal electronic devices. Applications include PMUT-based fingerprint sensors and gesture recognition devices, MEMS microphones, resonator-based chemical sensors, and medical sensors.
CHEMICAL UNIFORMITY & LOW OXYGEN CONTENTS FOR HIGH PERFORMANCE
Dedicated to providing the highest quality products, advantages of Materion’s aluminum scandium sputter targets include:
- Highly consistent chemical uniformity across the target and through the target thickness
- Purity >99.9% with low oxygen contents and low critical contaminant levels
- Tightly controlled microstructure for optimal sputter performance
- Vacuum cast, fully dense targets with adherent low target-to-target variability and low particulation
- Proven solution that is the process of record and in volume production at multiple fabs worldwide
SUPPORTED BY COMPLEMENTARY PRODUCTS & SERVICES
In addition to high-quality aluminum scandium sputtering targets, Materion offers a full line of complementary products and services to support the various stages and requirements of thin film deposition. These products and services include:
- Backing Plates
- Target Bonding
- Precision Parts Cleaning
- Recycling & Refining
- Precious Metals Management
To learn more about our aluminum scandium sputter targets, contact our team today.