SPECIAL PRODUCTS AND APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERING (SPADE)
To ensure that our customers get optimum results when using our materials for their aerospace, defense, nuclear and space applications, our Special Products and Application Development Engineering (SPADE) team offers project management and engineering support, from design inception to project completion, even with the most complex design challenges.
The Materion SPADE team manages project risk throughout the entire project life cycle, employing proven methodology, comprehensive services, and wide-ranging software tool sets to ensure the best outcomes.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERING CAPABILITIES
We have extensive experience performing finite element analysis (FEA) on customer designs. Our team reviews designs to verify the suitability and material choice for each application, offering insight on how to improve performance before a single part or prototype is produced. Our product development engineering services expertise includes:
- Mechanical conceptualization (functional and multiple models)
- Rapid prototyping
- Finite element analysis (stress-strain curves, thermal properties)
- Mechanical engineering
- Stereo lithography
- Material property data (stress relations, fatigue)
- Trade study reports and presentations
- Alternative options: monolithic design versus multi-piece design
We are committed to responsible, responsive materials solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. Our list of Quality System Certifications include:
- ISO 9001
- ISO 14001
- Laboratory support:
- Metallography, mechanical test laboratories
- SEM/EDX Analytical
- NDA Inspection
- Dye penetrant inspection
ADDITIONAL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
In addition to SPADE team, our staff also includes materials and manufacturing specialists who enable us to meet new process and performance challenges quickly and scale up production in strategic locations around the world.
- Support material and fabrication estimates based on current design
- Feedback on cost drivers that might affect overall program success and longevity
- Reduced material liability
- Engineering services such as FEA, trade studies, and reporting of results
- Utilization of program management principles to mitigate risk and achieve superior customer service along with program updates to know the exact status of your parts
- Competitive pricing and reduced lead times
Contact our SPADE engineers to discuss our product development engineering services.