LEADING THE INDUSTRY IN PRECISION PARTS & SHIELD KIT CLEANING SERVICES
Effective Chamber Parts Cleaning Solution
For more than 20 years, Materion has been leading the industry in precision parts and shield cleaning services for superior precious metals recovery. Using proprietary cleaning techniques, we employ the most technologically advanced and cost-effective methods of deposition removal and precious metals recovery. This results in extended shield life, improved tool performance, and higher precious metals yields. Our precision parts cleaning service includes:
- Chemical deposition removal and cleaning
- Advanced surface treatments
- Final cleaning and conditioning
- Inspection and testing
- Clean room grade final packaging
- Copper parts cleaning
- On-site logistical and technical support
- Precious metals reclaim and refine
- High security custody of customer precious metals
LOWERING CUSTOMERS TOTAL COST OF SHIELD OWNERSHIP
Improved PVD tool up-time and performance
Our proprietary advanced surface coating extends shield life, especially in particulate sensitive PVD processes that deposit materials such as tungsten, tantalum or chromium. Coatings are applied using our aluminum twin wire arc spray coating (TWAS). TWAS creates a protective layer to ease deposition removal and minimize chamber particulate. The coating helps increase shield life by reducing cleaning cycles, ultimately lowering our customers' total cost of ownership. Materion partners with our customers to develop process specific texturing on shields, optimizing tool up-time, reducing particulation, and extending preventative maintenance cycles.
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES AND SERVICE CAPABILITIES
Providing Innovative Cleaning Techniques
Materion’s parts cleaning technologies and service capabilities provide our customers with distinct competitive advantages. We recover the widest range of precious metals including gold, platinum, palladium, and silver to meet our customers’ chamber service needs.
- Chemical removal of depositions without aggressive mechanical procedures reduces cleaning times and extends cleaning intervals
- Internal capability to sample, assay, and recover precious metals from Shield Kits
- Deposition is removed into a form factor that is amenable to precious metals recovery; resulting in the highest precious metal returns and fast settlements
- Cleaned parts are packaged to industry clean room ultra-high vacuum requirements with ISO Class 6/FED Class 1,000 or better clean rooms
- ISO 9001 & 14001 certified facilities and our analytical lab is ISO 17025 certified
- Our simple, streamlined maintenance logistics allow our customers to focus on their operation, not their manufacturing equipment
- Serving the semiconductor, data storage, wireless, LED, medical, Defense/Aerospace, Photonics, Life Sciences, Glass Coating industries, and more
CUSTOM SERVICE PACKAGES TO MEET CUSTOMER NEEDS
Your Shield Kit & Precision Parts Cleaning Partner
Offering more than 85 years of experience in the refining, recycling and recovery of precious metals, Materion offers customized service packages to meet our customers' unique precision parts cleaning requirements. Working with our customers, our team of specialists is available to help you determine what services are required for your specific applications. Our team of technical experts is also continuously exploring new methods of chamber cleaning to increase value for our customers.
To learn more about our precision parts cleaning and shield kit cleaning services, contact our experts today.