STATE OF THE ART ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING CAPABILITIES FOR CUSTOM 3D PARTS
As an advanced materials leader, Materion is focused on providing materials innovation options that help our customers stay ahead of their competition. Our additive manufacturing capabilities deliver flexible and efficient options for complex 3D structures to enable current and emerging technologies applications.
The Materion additive manufacturing laboratory was designed to investigate multiple deposition technologies in a safe and expandable environment. In addition to a variety of additive manufacturing technologies, the necessary support technologies for pre- and post- processing are part of the lab capabilities.
Building on strict engineering and environmental controls, the additive manufacturing laboratory allows Materion to develop the Health and Safety expertise necessary to process beryllium and beryllium-containing materials. Our additive manufacturing capabilities include:
- Additive Manufacturing Printers – Laser Powder Bed Fusion, Binder Jetting, Fused Deposition Modeling
- Input Material Design – Gas Atomization, Impact Grinding, Mechanical Alloying, Vacuum Induction Melting, Calcining, Powder Milling and Screening
- Powder Characterization – SEM, Coulter Counter, Surface Area Analysis, Cohesive Index, Integrated Inert Sieving
- Post Processing – HIP, Vacuum Sintering, EDM, Machining, Heat Treatment and Surface Finishing and Coating
- Analysis – Chemistry, Optical Microscopy, SEM and EBSD, Tensile Testing, Thermal Testing, 3D Scanning, CMM, Radiography
- Design for Additive Manufacturing – Topology Optimization, Advanced Support Generation, Material Development Software, Data Analysis, Melt Pool Monitoring, FEA
- Safety – HEPA Filtration for Air Feed and Returns, Wet Scrubber Ventilation, Inert Gloveboxes, Oxygen Monitoring, Air Showers, PPE, Air Count Monitoring, Environmental Laboratory, Engineered Air Flow Controls
TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR OF THE ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING LAB VIDEO
SPECIALIZED EXPERTISE TO MEET THE MOST CHALLENGING REQUIREMENTS
Our materials expertise paired with strict safety protocols allows for the development of additive manufacturing for numerous materials.
Some of the materials that have or will be explored include:
- Beryllium Containing Materials: Beryllium, Aluminum Beryllium, Beryllium Oxide, Beryllides
- Copper Based Materials: Beryllium Copper, ToughMet®, PerforMet™
- Metal Matrix Composites: SupremEX®, Aluminum Boron Nitride
- Sputtering Target Materials: Aluminum Scandium, Gold, Specialty Elements and Alloys
- Inorganic Materials: Intermetallics, Hydrides, Flourides, Phosphors
If you have questions, or would like to learn more, please contact our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.