ELECTRON BEAM WELDING IMPROVES PERFORMANCE
Materion’s Electron Beam Welding process is a unique, continuous strip welding process. Electron Beam welding allows materials of dissimilar alloys, tempers and thicknesses to be joined side by side or with an overlap, providing performance not available from a single material.
This robust, cost effective technique for joining dissimilar materials can be combined with other Materion metals. We have processing expertise–including inlay and overlay cladding, rolling, solder coating and electroplating–to produce unique, high-performing constructs.
DELIVERING DESIGN FLEXIBILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS
Materion routinely processes a wide range of metals and metal alloys for continuous reel-to-reel Electron Beam Welded products, including:
- Multi-gauge strip
- Mixed temper
- Metals and metal alloys; Ni, Cu, steel, etc.
- Precious, semi-precious, and non-precious metals
- Magnetic and non-magnetic metals
- High and low expansion metals
These welded metal strip materials offer flexibility to designers of complex stamped parts. For a complete list of welding options, refer to our Alloy Performance Guide.
LEADING THE INDUSTRY IN ELECTRON BEAM WELDING
Materion has been a leader in customized, high performance Electron Beam Welded strip for more than 40 years. Our welded products are used across a wide variety of markets and include:
- High Power Welded Electrical Contacts
- Metal Strip Resistor: High Power Shunts
- Metal Strip Resistor: Low Power Electronics
- Multi-Gauge Welded Stainless
- Welded Implantable Interconnects
- Welded Switches and Relays
Contact our engineers today to discuss your design needs. Our process experts will evaluate your requirements and discuss with you the best process for your application.