ALLOYING AND VACUUM CASTING PROCESSES OFFER A VARIETY OF SOLUTIONS
Materion offers a variety of casting methods to ensure the right process is selected to meet the specifications and needs of our customers. Our alloying and casting processes are all performed in-house and are rigorously monitored by on-site laboratories. Casting methods are selected to produce specific and customized properties.
CASTING OPTIONS TO MEET YOUR UNIQUE NEEDS
Multiple considerations factor into the choice of casting method. Our alloying and casting experts can review your specific needs and recommend the best options for your product and process.
Materion’s casting options include:
- Static casting allows for flexible net shapes and sizes
- Vacuum casting ensures virtually void-free, ultra-high purity material
- Continuous casting (concasting), also allows for flexible net shapes and sizes, and is often the best-cost solution for high volumes
- Hot and cold rolling capabilities provide fine, equiaxed grains for superior thin film deposition
PROVIDING SMARTER SOLUTIONS
Materion’s expert chemists and engineers have the knowledge and capability that enable us to:
- Understand your needs and recommend the highest yielding, lowest cost-of-ownership casting options
- Offer full service solutions that include target manufacturing and bonding of new materials, recycling and refining of spent targets, precious metals management and precision part cleaning
- Meet the requirements of virtually any machine design and any PVD process
- Produce optimum metallurgical grain structures, phases and crystal orientations due to our PVD sputtering targets and slugs, which are made with ultra-high purity materials under tightly controlled conditions
- Develop custom alloys that address new technological needs
Materion products using this technology include:
Contact our engineers today to learn more about our alloying and vacuum casting processing capabilities.