MATERIAL PRESSING AND SINTERING PROCESSES PROVIDE CUSTOM SOLUTIONS
Materion offers the broadest range of manufacturing capabilities in our industry for the customization of material alloys, purity and physical characteristics. Depending on the desired end-size, material and characteristics, our technology experts will collaborate to identify the proper manufacturing process to meet our customers’ unique needs.
LEADING THE INDUSTRY WITH OUR BROAD PROCESS OFFERING
Identifying the proper manufacturing process is crucial to optimal material performance. Materion’s material pressing and sintering process offering includes:
- Inert Gas Hot Pressing (IGHP): Converts powders by compacting them with high heat and directional pressure in an inert atmosphere. Precisely controlled process parameters are tuned to optimize desired characteristic like density or grain structure
- Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP): Compacts powder using high heat and isostatic pressure to minimize microporosity and increase density
- Cold Isostatic Pressing (CIP): With heat sensitive materials, CIP is used in order to apply even pressure at room temperature. The compacted powder can then be sintered
- Air & Vacuum Sintering: Once the powder has been compacted into its final form, it is then treated with a high heat, usually under vacuum, to bond and seal the particles into a solid target while enhancing characteristic such as density or electrical or thermal conductivity
THE RIGHT TECHNOLOGIES AND THE RIGHT PEOPLE
With more than 100 years of experience in the development of unique alloy compositions, Materion has the right technology and the right people to meet your material pressing and sintering needs. We offer:
- A wide variety of consolidated alloys, cermets and ceramics
- Product ultra-high purity materials in a wide range of shapes and sizes to meet the requirements of any machine design
- Precise handling of environmentally sensitive and reactive materials
- Customized PVD materials to optimize performance
Products using this technology:
Contact one of our technologists for the right solution to your latest challenge. Our full staff of metallurgist and engineers will work with you to determine the optimal manufacturing process to obtain the specification you request.