THIN FILM HOT PRESSING OFFERS OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE
Materion offers a broad range of metallic and non-metallic thin film deposition materials that achieve optimum chamber performance due to their specialized fabrication processes. As the world's only sputtering target manufacturer to fully use powder metallurgy and vacuum melting technologies in the production of sputtering materials, Materion offers unique expertise to meet our customers’ needs.
LEADING THE INDUSTRY IN SPECIALIZED FABRICATION PROCESSES
Materion has nearly 100 years of experience in the development and production of unique alloy compositions. Our thin film hot pressing processing technologies include:
- Inert Gas Hot Pressing (IGHP): treats compacted powdered materials with high heat and directional pressure in an inert atmosphere. Precisely controlled process parameters are tuned to optimize desired characteristics like density or grain structure.
- Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP): treats compacted powdered materials with high heat and isostatic pressure to minimize micro-porosity, increase density and prolong target life.
THE MATERION THIN FILM HOT PRESSING ADVANTAGE
Materion’s ISO 17025 accredited laboratories monitor and control material characteristics and purity levels to ensure every product meets specifications, allowing us to:
- Offer a wide variety of consolidated alloys, cermets and ceramics
- Use our advanced machining centers and extensive array of target bonding processes to produce virtually any thin-film material for a variety of demanding PVD applications
- Produce ultra-high purity materials in a wide range of shapes and sizes to meet the requirements of any machine design
- Handle environmentally sensitive and reactive materials
- Customize target or slug configurations to optimize process performance
- Scale manufacturing quantities from R&D to full production levels
- Prepare material compositions to exact specifications and develop new experimental materials
Materion products using this technology include:
Contact our engineers today to learn more about our thin film hot pressing material processing capabilities.