BULK METALLIC GLASS EXPERTISE ADVANCES MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY
At Materion, we use amorphous metals technology to optimize the uncommon properties of these materials to fabricate the products of tomorrow. We offer a variety of zirconium-based amorphous alloys, also known as bulk metallic glass (BMG) that:
- Are high strength
- Offer good corrosion resistance
- Require little to no post processing
HIGH-PERFORMANCE MATERIAL ALTERNATIVE
Materion’s amorphous metal alloys have a unique combination of mechanical and thermal properties that can be fabricated into high precision parts with exceptional cosmetic surfaces. Materion amorphous metal capabilities offer:
- Strength-to-weight ratios that exceed most other structural materials
- High strength and elastic limits approaching 2%
- Outstanding corrosion resistance due to the lack of atomic structure
- Net shape fabrication techniques including casting, injection molding, and “plastic-like” molding processes.
INDUSTRIAL MANUFACTURING PARTNERS
Materion has strong partnerships with our industries’ leading bulk metallic glass manufacturing groups. Contact one of our engineers about developing your next generation product with amorphous metal technology.
The Materion Bulk Metallic Glass products resulting from this technology comprise the Vitreloy product line which includes Vit1b, Vit105 and Vit106a.
Talk to one of our engineers about how amorphous metal technology can enhance your product development process today.