HIGH PERFORMANCE EPOXIES PROTECT CRITICAL ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS
Our MEG 150 and MEG 165 epoxies provide strong, reliable adhesion of components in non-hermetic packaging. Both form a strong seal that protects sensitive electrical parts from dust, moisture and short-circuiting. MEG 150 is typically used to bond cup-shaped ceramic caps onto ceramic packages for RF transistors. MEG 165 is optimal for sealing smooth, flat surfaces and serves as a low cost alternative to solder. Both epoxies are excellent electrical insulators and are effective when used in combination with Materion’s ceramic Epo-Lid™covers.
DURABLE ADHESION FOR THE LIFECYCLE OF YOUR PACKAGING
Our superior performing microelectronic epoxies offer excellent adhesion over time for a wide variety of materials including metal, glass, alumina & plated gold, plastics (thermoset and high temperature thermoplastics) and ceramics. This property makes them compatible for usage with components of almost any material. MEG 150 and MEG 165 are convenient to use as neither requires the use of a primer.
ADVANTAGES OF MICROELECTRONIC EXPOXIES
Materion’s MEG 150 and MEG 165 are supplied B-staged and are not tacky prior to curing. Once cured, they will pass gross leak hermetic testing. Both epoxy grades offer individual advantages:
BENEFITS OF MEG 150
- High shear, peel and cleavage; strength over a wide temperature range
- Standard thickness 0.009” +/- 0.0005” (230 um) over the entire seal surface
- Relatively low bonding pressure required
- During the curing process, epoxy will flow to provide good conformability to leads, bumps and notches
BENEFITS OF MEG 165
- Low flow upon curing; optimal for flat sealing surfaces
- Standard thickness 0.003” =/- 0.0005” (75 um) over the entire seal surface
- Epoxy is supplied B-staged and is not tacky prior to curing
- During curing, epoxy will flow to seal two flat, smooth surfaces
When you need extremely durable, convenient bonding for non-hermetic packaging components, try our MEG 150 or MEG 165 epoxy. Contact Materion packaging experts to discuss the product right for your application.